Update: New Nursery provision August 2020
I am delighted to confirm that, as part of the Council’s 1140 hours Nursery Expansion Programme, building work for our new Nursery will begin on week beginning 30th of March.
I would ask for your patience and support during the building works as there will be a number of changes in the flow of traffic and pedestrian access to the school.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all pupils, staff and parents the following procedures will be in place from w/b 30th of March:
- Car parking facilities in the school will be strictly limited to staff and holders of a disabled blue badge only.
- The drop off zone in the school grounds will be closed
- Access to school playgrounds will be from Parkhill Drive only – no access to the playground will be available from the front of the school as it presently does. A new pedestrian access will be built during the building works. Parents who wish to speak to the school office may still access the front of the school building.
- The current P7 playground will be closed and fenced off as this will become the new Nursery playground/garden. P7 and P6 pupils will share the current P6 playground.
- Rooms 8, 9, 10 and 11 will continue to line up and access the building at the same point as they are now.
- I would ask all parents and carers to try to Park and Stride – parking away from the school and walking the remaining distance. This may be done from the Health Centre located off Johnstone Drive.
The safety of our pupils walking to and from school is of paramount importance. I would plead with all families to:
- Please park safely, considerately and responsibly on the streets surrounding the school. This is to ensure pupils safety and that access for emergency vehicles is not obstructed in any way.
- Not block residents’ driveways by parking in front of them.
- Not park on the yellow zigzag school keep clear markings outside the school. These should be kept clear at all time in case of an emergency.
Please see an overview of access below:
I understand that delays can be frustrating, particularly in the mornings, and would ask for your patience and cooperation in ensuring the above is followed. I have made the above decision on the advice of South Lanarkshire Council and would ask that any frustrations you may have, not be taken out on any member of staff or fellow parent(s) who are present outside.
Please do not hesitate in contacting the school if you require any further information.