P1 Enrolment August 2019
We will be enrolling children who are eligible to start school in August 2019 on the week beginning 14th of January. All children who attain the age of four years on or before the last day in February and are in the schools catchment area may be enrolled on the following dates and times for the August intake.
- Monday 14th January – 1.20pm – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 16th January – 1.20pm -4.00pm
- Thursday 17th January – 9.00am-12noon
To enrol your child you must bring:
- Your child’s Full birth certificate (we cannot accept abbreviated)
- 2 proof of address (preferably utility bills and photographic identification)
- Baptismal certificate (if applicable)
Adult & Child Family Homework Club
As part of our commitment to Family Learning and Parental Engagement, our Adult and Child Homework Club will continue on Monday in the Family Learning Room, here in the school.
This is a great opportunity to work with your child on their homework for the week, whilst having access to a member of staff who can help answer any questions you might have and offer support with your child’s homework. The club is open to adults and pupils from all stages across the school.
The club will run every Monday and you are able to access it whenever it suits you.
Annual Burns Supper
On Friday 25th of January, the pupils of rooms 13 and 14 will host our annual Burns Supper. The children will perform tradition burns poetry and Scottish songs. A letter has been sent out this week for parents to order their tickets.
Please find below the dates for this years upcoming Sacraments:
Primary 3: Sacrament of Reconciliation 19th March 2019 at 18:00
Primary 4: Sacrament of First Holy Communion (Eucharist) 11th May 2019 at 11:30
Primary 6 and 7: Sacrament of Confirmation 28th May at 19:00
All children who are due to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation are invited to enrol for the Sacrament. The Enrolment Mass is an essential part of your child’s preparation for the Sacrament. Children should wear full school uniform to the Mass to ensure they are easily identified.
Please note that the Enrolment Masses for these Sacraments are:
Sunday 3rd March at 10:30 Mass for the Sacrament of Confirmation
Sunday 24th February at 10:30 Mass for First Holy Communion and Reconciliation
Can I ask all parents to be check their children’s hair for head lice. While lice are nothing more than a nuisance, it is important that children are checked on a weekly basis so that any head lice can be dealt with quickly and before they can be allowed to spread.
Please follow the simple routine below to ensure that you are doing all you can to keep head lice outbreaks to a minimum.
- Your child’s hair once a week
- Use a proper detection comb to trap head lice.
- If you find live lice, consult a pharmacist for treatment advice immediately.
- If head lice are spotted, take a close look at the hair of all the family.
- Please treat your child with a clinically proven treatment.
- Leave the treatment on for the recommended time for maximum effect.
- Repeat the treatment for a second time seven days after the original treatment to kill any eggs that may hatch after the first treatment.
- Check that all head lice have gone within two to three days of the final application of head lice treatment to complete the process.
- Continue to check for head lice on a regular, weekly basis.
For further information on head lice please see your pharmacist or visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/head-lice.