Best Value Quality Assurance Visit
On Monday the school was be part of SLC Best Value Quality Assurance Inspection.The purpose of the visit was to let an auditor team see our building and the investment made by the Council in creating inspiring places of learning. We were also able to showcase the work of children and staff so that they could see the positive impact on learners.
Adult & Child Family Homework Club
As part of our commitment to Family Learning and Parental Engagement, our Adult and Child Homework Club began on Monday in the Family Learning Room, here in the school.
This is a great opportunity to work with your child on their homework for the week, whilst having access to a member of staff who can help answer any questions you might have and offer support with your child’s homework. The club is open to adults and pupils from all stages across the school.
The club will run every Monday and you are able to access it whenever it suits you.
On Monday P7 pupils hosted an information evening about next year’s residential trip for our current P6 pupils and parents. The children were every confident in presenting about Lockerbie Manor, their experiences and what the children will need to bring with them net year.
To find out more information please log onto the website:
Fr Pat and Fr Bernard hosted a sacramental meeting for all P4, 6 & 7 parents on Monday. Details of the presentation can be found on our website:
Our Parent Council also met on Monday in the ICT suite. Final arrangements for the Christmas Fayre were discussed and Fr Bernard asked for support with encouraging children to participate in the Parish. Minutes of the meeting will be published soon.
All of our children visited the cinema this week as part of the INTO Film Festival. The festival is taking place from 7-23 November, helping schools bring learning to life for 5-19 year olds across the UK by inspiring young people to watch, understand and make film in new and creative ways.
The children thoroughly enjoyed the films. Thank you to all of the parent helpers who came along to assist with watching the children.
Change for Charity
Thank you to everyone for donating for the Christmas Fayre as part of our Change for Charity on Friday. An army of parent volunteers worked all day to organise the donations.
Our Christmas Fayre is fast approaching and your Parent Council are being busy little elves getting everything organised for what is always a fabulous night and our biggest fundraiser of the year! We have another fantastic raffle for you this year and are really excited to be able to share just some of the fabulous prices that will be available on the night:
- 4 star Macdonald Forest Hills & Resort
- Dinner, Bed and Breakfast PLUS a Spa Day with 2 spa treatments and afternoon tea!
- Xbox One S Bundle
- 2 controllers, Xbox Live Gold and 2 Games (FIFA 19 and Forza Horizon 4)
- Nintendo Switch Fortnite Console Bundle
- Nerf Laser Ops Pro
- Selection of Hampers
- Celtic Park – Tour for 4
- Kings Park Hotel
- 2 course meal for 2 with a bottle of house wine
- Dragon-i – Meal for 2
- MECCA Bingo, Rutherglen – Bingo and Meal for 2
- Warnocks Butcher – 2 x £20 vouche
- Brian’s Barbers – 1 Gents and 2 Boys haircuts
- Halo Hairdressers – Cut and Blow Dry
- Gormans @ 33 Queen St – £20 voucher
- ZeZe Café – Coffee and Cake for 2
- EK Ice Rink – Free group skate for 4 with skate hire
- Tennents Brewery – Tour for 4
- West Brewery – Tour for 2
- Ashleigh Style Bar – Cut and Blow Dry
- Lee Palace – 2 Business Lunches
- Co -op Funeralcare – Limo trip
- M&D’s – 2 all day wristbands
- Wellsfield Farm – £10 voucher
- The Stand – 2 tickets
- Glasgow Rocks – Tickets
In an effort to reduce the congestion and queues that build up on the night we have sent 5 strips of raffle tickets home with each child in the school. Raffle strips cost £1. Sell them to your family, friends, yourself! Please put your contact details (name and phone number or child’s name and class number) on one set of raffle tickets and send the stubs with the £5 back into school. Only tickets which have been paid for will be put into the draw for the raffle. If you have any unsold tickets please return these to the school.
For tickets to be entered into the raffle please return stubs and money by Thursday 22nd November.
Tickets for the raffle will still be available to purchase on the night and the raffle will be drawn at the end of the Fayre.
Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the Fayre!
From the Parent Council
Can I ask all parents to be check their children’s hair for head lice. While lice are nothing more than a nuisance, it is important that children are checked on a weekly basis so that any head lice can be dealt with quickly and before they can be allowed to spread.
Please follow the simple routine below to ensure that you are doing all you can to keep head lice outbreaks to a minimum.
– Your child’s hair once a week
– Use a proper detection comb to trap head lice.
– If you find live lice, consult a pharmacist for treatment advice immediately.
– If head lice are spotted, take a close look at the hair of all the family.
– Please treat your child with a clinically proven treatment.
– Leave the treatment on for the recommended time for maximum effect.
– Repeat the treatment for a second time seven days after the original treatment to kill any eggs that may hatch after the first treatment.
– Check that all head lice have gone within two to three days of the final application of head lice treatment to complete the process.
– Continue to check for head lice on a regular, weekly basis.
For further information on head lice please see your pharmacist or visit http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/head-lice.